Inventory counts are an excellent way to check the levels of stock and gain an accurate count of what products are on the shelves and in the back. To see how to do a manual inventory count using a report, see How to do a Manual Inventory Count.
1. Go to Operations > Inventory > Inventory Count.
2. A screen will open to choose the extent of count that you want to perform. Choose Full Inventory Scan/Count to do a full inventory count.
NOTE: If you do a full inventory count, at the end of the count, you will be given the option to zero-out any non-counted products.
3. Before you start any count, inventory quantity has to be frozen. Click Freeze Now.
4. Now go ahead and count your inventory and put the number in the Final Qty column.
5. To change any other information on specific items, double click on the line and do the appropriate changes directly in the Inventory screen.
You can freeze your inventory at any time during your count by clicking the Freeze button at the top of the screen. You can freeze inventory as many times as you need until the final processing of the data.
6. If you want to come back to this screen at a later date, click Save and then Quit. You can then load it at any time by clicking the Inventory Count button on the main ACE screen.
7. When you are finished, you can finalize the count by clicking Finalize.
8. In the Process screen, choose from the following options:
- The first option will enter all of the counted items into the system and anything not counted will be zeroed out. Only choose this option if you've completed your entire inventory count - otherwise any items uncounted will just become zero in the system. Choosing this option is irreversible.
- The second option will enter all of the counted items into the system and items that have a negative quantity (i.e. OH Qty is negative and the Count/Final Qty is 0). Items with a positive OH Qty and a count of 0 will not be affected.
- The last option will enter all of the counted into the system, and everything not counted will unaffected. This option is the one you should use if you did not finish counting every item.
When you have clicked one of the options, click Start Final Processing, or, if you need to, one of the following options:
- Cancel Final Processing: Will cancel the operation and take you back to Inventory count screen.
- Clear All Adjustments: Will clear all the quantity adjustments you have done.
- Void All Scans without Posting: Will void all scans done by a scanner (since you've done a manual count, this will not affect anything).
9. Click Yes to back up the database and wait for the process to complete.