Inventory counts, or stock takes, are an excellent way to check the levels of stock and gain an accurate count of what products are on the shelves and in the back. It is helpful for identifying any discrepancies and keeping you on top of where your inventory is. Doing a manual inventory count involves making a record of all of the count of all of the inventory in your store and entering that information into ACE.
1. Go to Reports > Store Reports > Reports.
2. Go to Inventory > Count List or Count List +.
3. Load the report based on the desired date in the As of Date box.
4. Click on Next.
5. Select which columns to appear in the report.
6. Click on Next.
7. Click on View.
8. Wait for the report to load in a new window.
9. In the top left-hand corner, click on the Print button and wait for it to print.
10. Go around the store manually counting and recording inventory - record this on the report.
11. Go to Operations > Inventory > Inventory Count.
12. A screen will open to choose the extent of count that you want to perform. Choose Full Inventory Scan/Count to do a full inventory count. In this article, we are going to click Full Inventory Scan/Count.
NOTE: If you do a full inventory count, at the end of the count, you will be given the option to zero-out any non-counted products.
13. Click on Load.
14. Under Freeze Date (End of Day), select the date and time to freeze.
15. Click on Freeze at the top of the screen.
16. Click on Freeze Now.
17. Click Yes to back up the database.
18. Once the Inventory Scan loads, under Final Qty, enter in the counts written on the report for each product.
19. Continue entering the numbers until complete. If everything looks good, click on Finalize.
20. In the Process screen, choose from the following options:
- The first option will enter all of the counted items into the system and anything not counted will be zeroed out. Only choose this option if you've completed your entire inventory count - otherwise any items uncounted will just become zero in the system. Choosing this option is irreversible.
- The second option will enter all of the counted items into the system and items that have a negative quantity (i.e. OH Qty is negative and the Count/Final Qty is 0). Items with a positive OH Qty and a count of 0 will not be affected.
- The last option will enter all of the counted into the system, and everything not counted will unaffected. This option is the one you should use if you did not finish counting every item.
When you have clicked one of the options, click Start Final Processing, or, if you need to, one of the following options:
- Cancel Final Processing: Will cancel the operation and take you back to Inventory count screen.
- Clear All Adjustments: Will clear all the quantity adjustments you have done.
- Void All Scans without Posting: Will void all scans done by a scanner (since you've done a manual count, this will not affect anything).
21. Click Yes to back up the database and wait for the process to complete.