In this article we will go over the options available for customizing your integration from ACE to the WooCommerce platform.
1. Registration and Initial Setup
Upon registration of your ACE license for your webstore integration, we would encourage you to schedule an appointment with one of our support agents for helping to set-up the connection between ACE and WooCommerce.
Please use the link below to schedule an appointment for integrating if you have not yet done so:
Choose the option Set-up -> E-commerce Integration (40 Minutes) and select the time that works best for you, and our support agents will contact you at the number provided in the booking calendar.
2. Webstore Integration Setup Screen
Navigate in ACE to Operations -> Webstore Integration -> Setup. The following window appears, which contains all of the initial settings that determine how ACE interacts with WooCommerce.
This information will be filled out or given to you by an ACE support agent, as described in Step 1.
Web Inventory Price:
Pick the option that best suits your pricing setup according to the fields that you are using in ACE:
- Regular Price: The standard price field in ACE's Inventory screen will be uploaded to the webstore and only that price will displayed for the product.
- Use MSL Price Only: The MSL field in ACE Inventory screen will be uploaded to the webstore and only that price will displayed.
- Use MSL Price (Regular Price as Special): Use this option if you do not normally use MSL (Manufacturer's Suggested List Price) as a "Compare At" option to be displayed on labels or otherwise. You can then set the MSL as your "regular" price for web items and then the Price field will serve as your sale price.
- Use List Price: Utilize the Price List feature in ACE to create a specific pricing scheme for the Webstore prices at a % discount rate taken from your standard pricing found in ACE.
- Use Promo Price (Qty from 1 only): You can use this option to enter Single-Item Promo pricing in ACE to place an item on sale, with a similar "crossed out regular price" as shown above for the "Use MSL Price (Regular Price as Special)" option. This option works for Matrix header promo price as well (also found in Inventory Screen -> "Promo" button at the top).
Settings tab > Additional Info Options
- Custom fields - If these options are enabled, they will appear in the product description field in WooCommerce. These custom fields can be enabled and renamed in the Inventory Defaults section. The custom fields can be renamed and used to store specific information for products depending on your industry.
- PLU - If this option is enabled, it will appear in the product description field in WooCommerce.
- Append Prod. Desc. 2 - If this option is enabled and Description 2 exists for a product in ACE, you will be able to append this information After Prod. Desc.1 OR Before Prod. Desc. 1.
- Copy Desc. 2 to Long Desc - If this option is enabled and Description 2 exists for a product in ACE, this will appear in the product description field in WooCommerce.
NOTE: This feature is available for non-matrix products ONLY.
Settings tab > Auto Upload and Update Options
- Auto upload new added product to Web Store - If this option is enabled, ACE will auto-upload the manually created products in ACE to WooCommerce.
- ACE will auto-upload the new product details without any images. Images will need to be added to the product in WooCommerce manually OR the image paths will need to be set to the product in ACE and updated to WooCommerce.
- Auto update in Web Store - If this option is enabled, you are also required to enable the Qty AND/OR Price options. When these are enabled, ACE will automatically update the product Qty AND/OR Price when
- a product uploaded to WooCommerce is manually adjusted in Inventory.
- product uploaded to WooCommerce is part of a receiving document.
- All products in the receiving document must be received in full before ACE will automatically update the new Qty to WooCommerce.
- Currently, any inventory count adjustments within ACE will not automatically update the new Qty to WooCommerce and any adjusted Qty will need to be manually updated.
- Please note that the Qty adjustment will also be automatically updated from ACE to WooCommerce the next time a sale or complete receiving triggers a sync, but until that time, any discrepancies adjusted as a result of your inventory count will not be accounted for and your WooCommerce inventory quantities will be out-of-sync until the next trigger.
- Auto update Qty in Web Store after Sale - If this option is enabled, ACE will automatically update the Qty of any product that was uploaded to WooCommerce and sold in ACE.
Settings tab > Image Option
- Add image from URL - If this option is enabled, ACE will allow you to add up to 4 image URLs per product in the Web Inventory screen.
- Add image from your local computer path - This option is not supported for the WooCommerce integration.
Settings tab > Inventory Option
Track Inventory - If this option is enabled, ACE will upload products to WooCommerce and will allow it to track the Quantity On Hand that has been uploaded from ACE.
Allow Backorders - Decide how to handle products which are sold out online.
- Do not allow: If an item uploaded from ACE has a quantity on hand of zero (0), it will just appear as "Sold Out" and not available for purchase.
- Allow, but notify customer: If the uploaded item quantity is zero, customers still cannot Add To Cart but will also receive a message on the product page stating the item is "Available for Backorder".
- Allow: If the uploaded item quantity is zero, customers can click the Backorder button and go through the regular checkout process, while the merchant is notified in WooCommerce that the item has been backordered.