This integration will allow you to manage your online sales channel directly from your ACE Retail point-of-sale system. Utilizing this integration, you will be able to control which products to upload / sell on your Shopify store and your total inventory, all from one system.
To setup the Shopify Integration in ACE, you will need to go to Operations > Webstore Integration > Setup. From here, you will be able to enable the various global settings for your products using the 3 available tabs: Settings, Update Options, Tag Options.
In the Settings tab, you can select and enable the options for the Web Inventory Price, Additional Info, Shipping rule, Image Option, Shopify Inventory rule and Auto Upload and Update features.
Settings tab > Web Inventory Price Options
- Regular Price - If this option is selected, ACE will upload the Price of the product in ACE to the Shopify “Price” field.
- Use MSL Price Only - If this option is selected, ACE will upload the MSL price of the product in ACE to the Shopify “Price” field.
- Use MSL Price (Regular Price as Special) - If this option is selected and the MSL price is higher than the Price of the product in ACE (MSL > Price), ACE will upload the Price of the product in ACE to the Shopify "Price" field and the MSL price to the Shopify “Compare at price” field. If the Price & MSL price are the same for the product in ACE (MSL = Price), ACE will ONLY upload the Price of the product in ACE to the Shopify "Price" field.
- Use Price List Price - If this option is selected and a price list has already been created in ACE, ACE will upload the price list price of the product in ACE to the Shopify "Price" field.
- Use Promo Price (Qty from 1 only) - You can use this option to enter Single-Item Promo pricing in ACE to place an item on sale, with a similar "crossed out regular price" as shown above for the "Use MSL Price (Regular Price as Special)" option. This option works for Matrix header promo price as well (also found in Inventory Screen -> "Promo" button at the top).
Settings tab > Additional Info Options
- Custom fields - If these options are enabled, they will appear in the product description field in Shopify. These custom fields can be enabled and renamed in the Inventory Defaults section. The custom fields can be renamed and used to store specific information for products depending on your industry.
- Classification fields - If these options are enabled, they will appear in the product description field in Shopify. These custom fields can be enabled and renamed in the Inventory Defaults section. The classification fields can be renamed and used to associate specific information for products depending on your industry.
NOTE: For Shopify, ACE uses Classification 3 to associate a Brand to a product.
- PLU - If this option is enabled, it will appear in the product description field in Shopify.
- Append Prod. Desc. 2 - If this option is enabled and Description 2 exists for a product in ACE, you will be able to append this information After Prod. Desc.1 OR Before Prod. Desc. 1.
- Copy Desc. 2 to Long Desc - If this option is enabled and Description 2 exists for a product in ACE, this will appear in the product description field in Shopify.
NOTE: This feature is available for non-matrix products ONLY.
- Manufacturer - The manufacturer dropdown menu will display the enabled classifications.
NOTE: For Shopify, the manufacturer is associated to classification 3 (Brand).
Settings tab > Auto Upload and Update Options
- Auto upload new added product to Web Store - If this option is enabled, ACE will auto-upload the manually created products in ACE to Shopify.
- ACE will auto-upload the new product details without any images. Images will need to be added to the product in Shopify manually OR the image paths will need to be set to the product in ACE and updated to Shopify.
- Auto update in Web Store - If this option is enabled, you are also required to enable the Qty AND/OR Price options. When these are enabled, ACE will automatically update the product Qty AND/OR Price when
- a product uploaded to Shopify is manually adjusted in Inventory.
- product uploaded to Shopify is part of a receiving document.
- All products in the receiving document must be received in full before ACE will automatically update the new Qty to Shopify.
- Currently, any inventory count adjustments within ACE will not automatically update the new Qty to Shopify and any adjusted Qty will need to be manually updated.
- Please note that the Qty adjustment will also be automatically updated from ACE to Shopify the next time a sale or complete receiving triggers a sync, but until that time, any discrepancies adjusted as a result of your inventory count will not be accounted for and your Shopify inventory quantities will be out-of-sync until the next trigger.
- Auto update Qty in Web Store after Sale - If this option is enabled, ACE will automatically update the Qty of any product that was uploaded to Shopify and sold in ACE.
Settings tab > Shipping Option
- This is a physical product - If this option is enabled, it indicates that products uploaded from ACE to Shopify are products that need to be shipped.
Settings tab > Image Options
- Add image from URL - If this option is enabled, ACE will allow you to add up to 4 image URLs per product in the Web Inventory screen.
- Add image from your local computer path - If this option is enabled, ACE will allow you to add up to 4 images from your local computer.
- Image sizes:
- Your product images can be any size up to 5760 x 5760 px, or 20 megapixels. Product images need to have a file size smaller than 20 MB to be added to Shopify.
- High resolution photos will look more polished and professional to your customers. For square product images, a size of 2048 x 2048 px usually looks best.
- It is recommended that the images are saved and stored in a shared folder on your local area network.
- ACE will not modify your images so make sure you edit your images before you upload them.
Settings tab > Shopify Inventory Options
- Shopify Track Inventory - If this option is enabled, ACE will upload products to Shopify and will set the Inventory Tracking option in Shopify to "Shopify tracks this product's inventory". If this option is not enabled, the Inventory Tracking option will be set to "Don't track inventory".
- Allow customers to purchase when out-of-stock - This option will be enabled ONLY if Shopify Track Inventory is enabled. If Shopify Track inventory AND Allow customers to purchase when out-of-stock are enabled, ACE will upload products to Shopify and will set Inventory Tracking option in Shopify to "Shopify tracks this product's inventory" and will allow online customers to purchase products when they are out-of-stock.
Update Options tab
In the Update Options tab, you will have the flexibility to enable the product fields to update in Shopify without overriding certain product information that has already been uploaded OR has been added manually in Shopify.
- If you have manually added images to products in Shopify before these new features were available, do not enable the Product image(s) option in this tab as products you update in the future will delete and override the images that were added manually in Shopify.
- If you have enabled the Product image(s) option in this tab and you have associated the images from your local computer path in the Web Inventory screen to the product you want to update, then you don't need to worry about deleting the images that were added manually in Shopify as the associated images from your local computer path will automatically replace the existing ones.
Tag Options tab
In the Tag Options tab, by enabling the Upload Tags option, you can select the various options available for ACE to automatically generate the tags in Shopify based on your Inventory Information, Additional Inventory Classification and
Additional Search Info.
- What are tags? - Tags are searchable keywords that you can associate with your product on your Shopify product page. Tags can help customers find your product more easily through your online Shopify store search, improve the SEO for your online store and you can also use them to create automated collections.
NOTE - Please follow the below steps if products were already uploaded to Shopify with tags that were previously generated from the ACE product description field and you wish to update the newly generated tags for a product.
- In the Web Inventory screen, to update the tags for a product, search for the product by PLU
- Highlight the product and delete everything in the Tags field
- Click Save
- Reload the Web Inventory screen and search for the product by PLU again
- You will now notice that the newly generated tags based on the enabled options in the Tags Option tab have been automatically populated for you in the Tags field.
- Click on Update Item(s) to Webstore button.
REMINDER: Please make sure that the Product Tag option was already enabled in the Update Options tab.