When you purchase inventory from a vendor, it is necessary to make a purchase order. You can use ACE to make this process simple, by using automatic orders.
1. Go to Operations > Vendors & Purchases > Purchasing.
2. Select the Vendor from the drop-down. Then check off the Automatic Order box, the Order based on Sales(Invoice) box, and select the time frame.
3. Click on OK.
4. The purchase order will populate all the necessary items to order. If you need to delete an item, click on the item to highlight it, then click Delete.
5. To add an item, click on the Add button and choose either Create a new product or Find an existing product. We’ll choose the latter for this example.
6. In the List of Products screen, double click on a product to highlight it, then click Select.
7. The item will be added to the Purchase Order. Adjust the amount to be ordered under the Order column.
8. When you’re ready to place the order, click on Save.
9. In the new purchase order window, click on Email Order.
10. When the new window loads, click on the drop-down menu next to Mail Template and enter a subject. The click on Send Email.
11. When you return to the Purchase Order screen, click on Save Order. Wait for the window that says “PO X Saved Successfully,” and click OK.